REMI - Seastream 43 Ketch
Price & Location
GBP 110,000. 1987. Lying Hamble Point Marina.
The Seastream 43 has been designed to meet the need for a stable cruising yacht, which is capable of long distance passage making. Designed by Ian Anderson, she has a stiff, seakindly hull, based on a traditional underwater configuration which gives good directional stability and yet allows a responsive 'feel' when under sail.
The light and airy deck saloon offers ultimate in comfort both at sea and in harbour. 6-7 berths in 3 cabins,, spacious deck saloon, fully equipped galley giving you all the comforts of home. Wide, safe side decks allow crew to move forward safely without obstruction.
Name to be retained.
Mechanical and General
- DuoGen water/wind battery charger
- 3-Bladed Maxprop feathering propeller - 2010
- Fischer Panda 4000s 3.8 Kw 230V AC generator - 2010, serviced Aug 2015.
- Bow thruster - 2009
- Perkins 4.236M 4-cylinder 80hp marine diesel engine - major service 2005, new starter motor & alternator belt 2010.
- S.S. propeller shaft refurbished, linkage between gearbox & shaft replaced 2015.
- 230v AC shorepower , Victron Centaur battery charger - 2009
- 12v DCLighting throughout, various sockets throughout
- 12v DC control panel
- 80L Calorifier
- Spectra Ventura 200 Tropical Deluxe 12vDC watermaker - 2012
- 12v DC seawater deck wash
- 2x 12v electric shower pump out
- Raymarine c125 multi function display - 2012, with integrated display from radar & AIS
- Separate Raymarine ST60+ speed / wind & depth - 2009
- Autohelm ST7002 autopilot - 2009
- Raymarine Smartpilot ST7002 controller - 2009
- NASA Marine Target Navtex Pro-F - 2000
- ICOM IC-M505 VHF with DSC radio - 2008
- ICOM IC-M801E MF/HF Radio - 2009
- SCS Pactor PTC-Iss USB modem (for radio) - 2012
- Sailor SC4000 fixed Iridium satellite phone
- Raymarine c95 Multi function display - 2012
- Raymarine ST60 speed, ST60+ wind & depth
- Bowthruster controls
- Windlass switch
GRP hull & superstructure. White hull with blue boot-top. Deck and deck saloon GRP sandwich with additional solid marine-ply reinforcements beneath major deck fittings. Teak cap rails with S.S. rubbing strakes. Telescopic passerelle with halyard, spreader bar & guardrail. New mounting on port quarter rail in 2009.
Decks laid to teak, cockpit teak laid in 2011, with teak sole grating. Gas locker set in deck port & forward of the mast for 2 gas cylinders.Mahogany cockpit table, bimini, sprayhood & overall sun awning, hatch covers & overall winter cover. Cockpit cushions
Main mast - Lewmar 16 manual haylard winch -2009, Lewmar single-speed manual haylard winch.
Coachroof - Harken ST40.2 E 2-speed self-tailing electric winch - 2009. Lewmar 8 single-speed manual mainsheet winch.
Mizzen Mast - Lewmar 7 single speed manual winch, Lewmar single-speed manual winch
Cockpit - 2 Lewmar ST52 Genoa winches, 2x Lewmar 16 manual winches for jib-furl & spinnaker.
5x winch handles.
CQR anchor with 53m of 10mm chain - 2012
30kg Bruce anchor with 12m chain & 40m warp.
Lofrans Condor electric anchor windlass - overhauled 2005, foredeck controls new 2013, additional up/down control switch on Navpod in cockpit.
S.S. pulpit, pushpit & guardwires - guardwires new 2009
6x mooring cleats
Deck drains - can collect rainwater or flush seawater overboard.
Spars and Sails
Proctor aluminium alloy keel-stepped main & mizzen masts & booms. Masthead rig, single spreaders on main & mizzen masts. S.S. standing rigging (2009) with SSB aerial isolators, Spectra spinnaker halyard as emergency forestay
In-mast furling main & mizzen - overhauled 2003. Bamar manual furling headsail -2003.
Twin spinnaker poles on main mast, 1 original, 1 new in 2009.
S.S. removable bowsprit.
Mainsheet mounted on coachroof. Solid strut vang for main boom. Combined mizzen sheet & vang for mizzen on traveller on stern.
Crusader Sails furling main - hydranet - 2012
Crusader Sails 135% roller furling Genoa - Hydranet - 2012
Crusader Sails In-mast furling headsail - hydranet - 2012
Crusader Sails Tri-radial spinnaker & snuffer - 2012 (unused)
UK Sails Nylon cruising chute
UK Sails Dacron storm jib - 2005
Teak interior, maple sole boards, off-white padded vinyl headlinings - 2009. Lewmar opening portlights with mosquito blinds. Cream curtains throughout (except galley). Lee cloths in all cabin berths.
Forward V-berth double, 3 storage lockers beneath, foam matteresses, bow thruster motor and isolator under berths. 2x Stowage lockers, hanging wardrobe, full legnth shelves outboard, mirror on aft bulkhead, hatch with blackout blind & daytime blind. Ceiling light, reading light, Safety fan above each berth - 2012, 230v AC socket.
Forward Heads: Lavac manual marine heads (seacocks serviced 2015), wash hand basin set in laminate top, storage below, H&C pressurised water, extendable shower head, electric shower pump out. 2x storage lockers, deckhead prism for extra light, ceiling light, varnished wooden gratings - 2013.
Midships Cabin: 2 Single berths with storage below. Half-height hanging wardrobe, dressing table with locker outboard and drawer & locker below. Mirror on fwd bulkhead, opening deckhead vent, Lewmar hatch with blinds, Lewmar porthole. Ceiling light, reading light, ceiling fan, under sole storage, 230v AC socket.
Galley: Linear galley port side forward of saloon, 2 steps down from saloon. Corian work surfaces with fiddles, twin s.s. sinks with H&C pressurised water, manual pump for fresh or seawater. Spinflo Nelson cooker, gimballed. Front opening fridge - 2009, top opening freezer, Hitachi microwave oven - 2009. Spectra watermaker, filters located under galley sole, storage lockers, outboard locker & shelf, extractor fan - 2011, Lewmar hatch & porthole, LED ceiling lights, red night lamp, 3x sockets.
Saloon: U-shaped settee starboardside surrounding fixed saloon table with drinks locker, blue scotchguard covers. Outboard locker & bookcases, below settee. Clock & barometer, with temperature & humidity instruments, large opening coachroof hatch, 10x deck saloon windows, cream curtains, 2x 230v AClamps, 12v DC LED ceiling lights.
Navigation Area: Opposite saloon navigators seat with full-sized chart table with stowage lockers below. Instrument panels outboard, compass mounted below coachroof, 12V red/white chart table light, 1 230V, 3x 12V sockets, 2-speed fan with guard.
Aft Cabin: Owners cabin accessed from deck saloon, double berth with storage below. Drawer & locker to port, dressing table with mirror, hanging locker, 2 seater settee with storage below. Outboard shelves. Hatch with blinds, Lewmar pothole, ceiling light, reading lights, 2 ceiling fans, 230V AC socket, 12v DCsocket.
Ensuite Heads Aft: Separate shower with H&C pressurised water, electric pump. Wash hand basin set in laminate top, storage below, H&C pressurised water. Outboard shelf, storage locker. Lavac manual heads - seacocks serviced in 2015. Lewmar porthole, ceiling light, varnished wooden gratings
6-7 berths in 3 cabins
- Sailor SC4000 fixed Iridium satellite phone
- Raymarine 4Kw digital radome scanner - 2009
- Raystar 125 external GPS receiver - 2009
- Raymarine AIS650 Class B Transceiver - 2014
- Raymarine Fluxgate compass - 2009
- Nexus NX1000 handheld VHF radio - 2010
- Cobra MR HH100 VP EU handheld VHF radio - 2008
- Plastimo Olympic 135 binnacle compass
- Anchor ball and cone
- New geenerator set: Paguro 4SY installed in Aug 2017, never used.
- McMurdo Smartfind G5 EPIRB - 2007
- McMurdo Fastfind Plus PLB - 2007
- Electric bilge pump, manual bilge pump
- Safety line jackstays
- 2x Horseshoe buoy with light
- MOB lifesling - replaced 2017
- Radar reflector
- Emergency tiller
- Dan Buoy, replaced 2017
- Fire blanket
- 6x fire extinguishers (m.o.o.d)
- Flares - replaced 2017
- Foghorn, bolt cutters
- Various lifejackets available.
- Liferaft serviced August 2017.