Privacy and Cookies
The information on this page helps explain how our site works.
S. D. Marine Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will be only used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests relevant to customer requirements.
What we do with this information:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We use this information to provide services to you regarding your requirements
- We may periodically send e-shots, emails or phone you about new listings, special offers or information we think is applicable to your requirements.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How can cookies make your surfing experience convenient?
Cookies make it easier to gather information about the web surfing history of a visitor and provide a better user experience. In this short film, you’ll see what cookies are.
Our website uses 2 cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer.
- Analytical purposes – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure users are finding what they need easily. Read more about the individual analytical cookies we use and how to recognise them below
- Your preferences – to remember the way you like to view our website
List of 1st party cookies
name – information
- __utma – Google Analytics
- __utmb – Google Analytics
- __utmc – Google Analytics
- __utmz – Google Analytics
These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
This site uses “implied consent”. Implied consent is where by the you have visited our website, move from one page to another or clicking on a particular button. When taking this action it is accepted you are agreeing to cookies being set.
How can I control my cookies?
You can use your web browser (eg Internet Explorer) to:
- delete all cookies
- block all cookies
- allow all cookies
- block third-party cookies
- clear all cookies when you close the browser
- open a ‘private browsing’ session
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend broswer functionality
Browser – Where to find information about controlling cookies
- Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Chrome – https://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en-GB/more/privacy.html
- Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Clear%20Recent%20History
- Safari – http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera – http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you receive an e-shot you are invited to unsubscribe from any future mailings.
- if you have previously agreed for us to keep and use your information, but have changed your mind, or your situation has changed and it is no longer required, then you can contact us by emailing: email@example.com, phone us on: 02380 457278, or write to us at:
SD Marine Ltd, Unit 6 Firefly Road, Hamble Point Marina, Hants, SO31 4JD
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protect Act 1988.