Selling Your Boat
Hamble Point Marina is one of the best areas for selling both new and second-hand yachts. S.D. Marine have a prime location in the Marina on Firefly Road with our used boats there and around the marina.
We offer very competitive rates for selling your yacht. Our incentive is to earn our commission using our experience, client database and network within the industry. We actively work our database, a flat fee broker won’t do that! In addition, we make sure the boats on site are presented in the best condition and are regularly valeted by our staff. Please contact us now for details on commission and storage rates.
We are open seven days each week, and would be very happy to talk to you about the technical side of any of our New Yachts and furnish you with details of pre-owned and stock yachts we are currently listing. We advertise on the internet with several internet search engines and our own website is always uptodate.
Sellers Package – What we offer
- Commission rates reduced upto 50% if you buy a boat from us and we sell your boat on our brokerage scheme.
- Advertising – We advertise on all the major websites, manage our own website so it’s always up to date. Spot adverts on Yachtworld.com, Feature Boats on Yachtworld.com.
- Valuation based on the marketplace and personal visit to boat.
- Traffic Report – Weekly report on how many times people have clicked onto your boat details, (based on which the price or state of the boat can be adjusted)
- Presentation – Expert advice on how to present your boat for selling, organisation of works to achieve best results.
- Buyer/Seller Part Exchange – a part exchange against Vendors vessel to achieve sale at asking price.
- Pre-Sales Survey — peace of mind that when the seller is found, the boat is fit for purpose, survey re-assigned, saves time at sale, can be advertised with ‘current survey available’
- Post Survey — Interfacing with suppliers & trades to accomplish the recommendations.
- Valeting – Fortnightly wash down to keep your boat looking fresh and clean. (Only boats at Hamble Point Marina)
- Title — We undertake to pass on acceptable title paperwork on behalf of the seller at handover, we have experience with this paperwork in house.
- Sea Trial – we can personally carry out a sea trial (at launch) with qualified skippers.
- Handover — we hand over the boats personally, either an SD Marine employee or the previous owner—we don’t just hand you the keys!
For more information on selling a boat or our sellers services, please get in contact.